Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sankore: just my buildings or everyone`s

Hi,

This is one of those mini-questions to which I never manage to remember the answer (and where I the Civilopedia could have been very helpful if the writers had just spent 20 more seconds on each topic to write less ambiguous sentences):

If I build the Univ. of Sankore or the Spiral Minaret, I get some beakers or gold (representatively) for each of my state religion buildings, right?

But if I share that religion with some other civs, do I get bonuses from their buildings in their empires as well?

Or do they get those bonuses (aka Apostolic Palace hammers).

Or doesn't anyone else but me who build the wonder get the bonus?

Thanks a lot for enlightening me!
    "Can we get a patch that puts Palin under Quayle?" - Theben

Just yours.

Comment

The only buildings that allow you to benefit from others are the religious shrines (Kong Miao etc, the ones you build with Great Prophets) and corporate HQs (same idea). The others generally operate on the buildings themselves (rather than collecting revenue themselves, they give greater revenue power to the buildings). Sankore, for example, does not collect beakers; the city with Sankore gets no bonus other than the culture and GPs. All of the state religion buildings you own get a research bonus themselves, so the science is distributed across all of your cities, not focused in one city.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Just to be pedantic and ultra-clear:

The only World Wonder that offers benefits to others is the Apostolic Palace. It gives two hammers to every building that matches the religion of the Apostolic Palace. It only does that for civs that have a state religion that matches the Apostolic Palace. If the Apostolic Palace was built as a Jewish Apostolic Palace and you have Judaism as your state religion, then each Jewish Monastary, Temple, and Synagogue you have will get two hammers per turn. The multiplers for production will apply to these hammers. If you convert to the wisdom of Taoism, you will lose the hammers associated with the Jewish religious buildings and will not receive hammers for any Taoist religious buildings. If you change to Free Religion then you will no longer have a State Religion and will therefore lose the hammers associated with religious buildings. This applies to the civ that owns the Apostolic Palace as well as all other civs.

To the original poster, it took me (and the others) more than 20 seconds to type this. If I used smilies, I would insert one here.
        If you aren't confused,
        You don't understand.

Comment

To be even more pedantic:

Originally posted by eris
          The only World Wonder that offers benefits to others is the Apostolic Palace. It gives two hammers to every building that matches the religion of the Apostolic Palace. It only does that for civs that have a state religion that matches the Apostolic Palace. If the Apostolic Palace was built as a Jewish Apostolic Palace and you have Judaism as your state religion, then each Jewish Monastary, Temple, Shrine, and Synagogue you have will get two hammers per turn. The multiplers for production will apply to these hammers. If you convert to the wisdom of Taoism, you will lose the hammers associated with the Jewish religious buildings and will not receive hammers for any Taoist religious buildings. If you change to Free Religion then you will no longer have a State Religion and will therefore lose the hammers associated with religious buildings. This applies to the civ that owns the Apostolic Palace as well as all other civs.

Comment

Thanks everyone!
            "Can we get a patch that puts Palin under Quayle?" - Theben

Comment

Originally posted by DaveV
              Well, I missed how to do a quote within a quote.

Two questions/points:

In removing text, are you saying that Apostolic Hammer bonus does NOT depend on your state religion? That will be news to me.

Are you saying the associated Shrine will give two hammers as well? That is news to me, although it does make sense when I think about it. However, I never equate making sense with Civ rules. There is not always a one to one correspondence.
              If you aren't confused,
              You don't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveV
                Well, I missed how to do a quote within a quote.
                [ QUOTE ][ quote ]Level 2 text[ /quote ]Level 1 text[ /QUOTE ].

In removing text, are you saying that Apostolic Hammer bonus does NOT depend on your state religion? That will be news to me.
                Yes, I've conquered buildings when I was a different religion than the AP religion, and still got the bonus. There's a display glitch which may cause the hammers not to show on the city display, but if you count hammers, you'll see the bonus hammers are still there.

Are you saying the associated Shrine will give two hammers as well?
                Yes.

Comment

Also note [ q ] also is an option for quoting. [ q ] will remain through multiple levels of quote-nesting while [ quote ] only directly permits one level (ie, if you quote someone who quoted with [ q ] it will remain while if they used [ quote ] it will go away.)
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                  X